Interview


1.) What would you tell others who want to become vegan?
- I would say to take it slow and to never rush into it. You don't have to become vegan straight away, its a process especially when you grow up eating meat, eggs, dairy, and more. When I was younger I loved eating any foods with meat such as chicken pot pies, shepherds pie, meat loaf, pork chops, lasagne and casseroles. It was hard at first, but once you get the hang of it, being vegan just becomes apart of your lifestyle. I have been vegan for three years now and I dont regret my change whatsoever.

2.) What do you think peoples biggest misconceptions of vegans?
- The biggest misconception is that we are all skinny. Everyone likes to associate healthy eating to being slim and it simply isn't true.

3.) There are many reasons why people become vegan, what's yours?
- One of the biggest reason I decided to become vegan was because of this documentary I saw; it consisted of animals being tortured and treated inhumanly for the sake for humans to be able to eat meats. Once I saw that, I was determined to stop supporting the meat industry. I also switched so i can have a healthy heart, more energy, and to help our environment.

4.) How can the food you eat help protect the planet and improve the lives of others?
-Well having a vegan diet is so much more environmentally sustainable than diets from animal products. As for the animals, they cause more air pollution than any mobile transportation, not only does growing plants clean for the environment, it also gives us oxygen. So honestly, it's a win-win.

I interviewed Nina Singleton who is a culinary arts teacher at Sarasota High School. I scheduled a meeting with her after school and sat down and asked her these questions. These questions will be important for my readers especially who want to become vegan and its more of an encouragement to do so. I picked out these questions not only to so show/explore Nina's personal life but also to show important factors about being vegan.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Audience Engagement Research - The Vegan Society

Revision #2 - Table of Contents